Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Argus Insights, a Bay Area, CA social media market research and intelligence company, seeks a full-time Consumer Insights Analyst to join its team. The Analyst’s primary responsibility is to develop credible and creative analyses that provide actionable insights based on observed social media content and online behaviors. The successful candidate will be someone who can tell a compelling, evidence-based story and who relishes an entrepreneurial environment with customer interactions and leadership opportunities. Additionally:
- Make our clients look like heroes by delivering actionable insights based on the evidence and analysis culled from social media and other sources using the Argus Insights tools and methods.
- Act as an extended member of our client’s team, the Analyst will deliver timely, compelling results that support the key strategic decisions our clients face.
- Act with integrity and transparency, keeping the client’s best interests in mind
- Apply qualitative and quantitative techniques to interpret findings based on social media data
- Visually communicate qualitative and quantitative findings in written reports and presentations
- Identify and explain observed trends and patterns
- Understand a diverse array of client business objectives across all departments
- Communicate and interact appropriately with cross-disciplinary clients and team members
Argus Insights is routinely brought in where traditional social media analytics companies have failed to deliver actionable insights. A hallmark of our process blends the insatiable curiosity of product design with the rigors of consumer research to enable our clients to delight their customers and deliver stellar returns.
- A highly developed understanding of social media and online technologies
- Knowledge, empathy, and curiosity regarding consumer behavior
- Strong business writing and presentation skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Adapt quickly to scheduling needs and deadlines within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Quickly learn and own online languages and vocabularies, including abbreviation and acronym sets
- Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; ability to use Pivot Tables
- Demonstrated success with customer interactions
- Minimum of 2 years professional work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
Exceptional candidates will:
- Develop innovative analysis techniques that enhance social media market research
- Demonstrate expertise in visual communication and design
- Run basic regression analysis
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Office environment
- After hours and weekend work, occasional travel required
About Argus Insights
Argus Insights translates the millions of online conversations taking place each day into high-value strategic insights that inform and empower brands. Proprietary technologies and rigorous research methodologies are utilized to deliver a new generation of consumer insights and market intelligence that helps Global 1000 companies drive product innovation and build competitive advantage across their organizations. A start-up funded by that most precious resource, client revenue, Argus Insights has been operating in the black since late 2011. For more information about Argus Insights, visit us online at www.argusInsights.com.